Buffalo Chicken with Broccoli and Rice
2 cups of brown rice
1 cup of hot sauce
Dry ranch seasoning
Preparation Time: 5 hours
Estimated Cost: $18.50
Serving Size: 2-4
Medium Sauce Pan (2)
Dry measuring cups
1. Cautiously trim excess fat from chicken over clean plate, and add to crock pot in whole breast form.
2. Measure out ½ cup of chicken broth, 1 cup of hot sauce, and add dry ranch seasoning to crock pot. Mix
3. Cook on low for 5 hours.
4. After 5 hours, remove chicken, and shred with two forks. Or enjoy in whole form. Turn crock pot up to high, and add butter. Place shredded chicken back into crock pot. Continue cooking on high for desired amount of time.
---Begin cooking brown rice and broccoli when chicken is nearing 5 hour mark---
1. Add 2 cups of brown rice to sauce pan. Add 6 cups of cold water to rice, and drain off. (Washing the rice reduces stickiness). Add 6 cups of water, add lid, then heat on medium heat on stove until boiling. Cook while boiling until most of the water is absorbed
2. Removed cooked rice from pot, and fluff with fork. Add salt and pepper to taste
1. Clean broccoli heads over sink with cold water
2. Cut off main stem and trim away florets
3. Add four cups of water to sauce pan, add broccoli florets, and cook on medium heat until boiling
4. Continue boiling for 3-5 minutes. Warning over cooking broccoli will result in them becoming soggy
5. Drain water, and remove cooked broccoli and place it in the bowl. Add salt and pepper as desired
Optional: Add to buns to enjoy as a sandwich.